5 Ways Medical Marijuana Helps Florida Cancer Patients
One of the reasons why medical marijuana has been legalized in Florida is the relief it offers to people suffering from various ailments. Cancer patients in Florida are particularly benefited by the direct effects of Florida medical cannabis. There are doctors in Florida who believe medical marijuana can cure cancer. There are preclinical studies that have had promising inferences. But there should be more tests and clinical trials to explore the possibility. For now, having a Florida medical marijuana card can offer substantial relief to anyone who is suffering from cancer.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana for Florida Cancer Patients
• Medical marijuana can offer relief from nausea. Chemotherapy has numerous side effects. Vomiting and nausea are experienced by almost everyone undergoing chemotherapy. Florida doctors are now recommending medical marijuana as an effective and affordable remedy to get surefire relief from nausea. It must be noted that medical marijuana has been used in the form of a pill to provide relief from nausea and vomiting for almost thirty years now. The difference is people in Florida can now buy medical marijuana instead of resorting to a pill.
• Medical cannabis can help Florida cancer patients to retain their weight by increasing appetite. Chemotherapy leads to weight loss. Cancer too has an impact on weight. The loss of appetite worsens the scenario. Medical marijuana will make one hungry and that inevitably stimulates appetite.
• One of the most common effects of medical marijuana in Florida and all around the world is a transient relief from pain. This is relevant for anyone suffering from any kind of pain. Cancer patients in Florida can get significant relief from pain associated with therapy and worsening of the condition. The fact that medical cannabis target and kill cancer cells would also have an impact on overall health and limit the pain from getting worse. The treatment too becomes more effective due to a decline in cancer cells as well as limited growth of existing cancer cells.
• Medical marijuana will help Florida cancer patients to sleep well. Adequate rest can help contain or reduce fatigue. This has a direct impact on mood. Sleep, rest and mood are all interrelated. Even appetite or what one eats and how much will have an impact on mood and rest. Medical marijuana facilitates sleep by reducing pain, by calming one down and with substantial relief from nausea and other discomforts associated with chemotherapy.
• Medical marijuana can help Florida cancer patients overcome sexual dysfunction. Cancer treatments have an impact on sexual function. Medical marijuana has been used as an aphrodisiac in many cultures and civilizations, especially in India and that dates back three millennia at least.